Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Creamy Chicken Florentine


By Paul Briand

Do you ever pay attention to the coupons the register at the grocery store spits out along with your receipt?

Normally, I don’t. They seem like so much litter to me because the coupons are for items I don’t normally buy.

But lately my litter stream has included recipes.

In one case, there was a recipe for Bacon Broccoli Salad.

In another case, there was this recipe for Creamy Chicken Florentine. In this instance the recipe was included with a dollar off coupon for Philadelphia cooking creme, which is part of the ingredients.

I gave it a try and was glad I did: Quick, easy, good.

Ingredients
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup red pepper, cut into strips
1 six-ounce package baby spinach leaves
1 tub (10 ounces) Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups hot cooked penne pasta
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts

Directions
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat the olive oil and cook the chicken and peppers until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes;
2. Add spinach, cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes;
3. Add cooking creme, stir and heat through;
4. Stir in pasta;
5. Top with nuts and serve.

I used toasted slivered almonds instead of pine nuts because that’s what I had in my cupboard.


Digg this

No comments: