Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Citrus Glazed Salmon


By Paul Briand

I think my wife Jane was a grizzly bear in a past life. She loves salmon, so anything that I can do with salmon makes me a hero.

This recipe was included in a coupon book that I received from the Shaw’s supermarket where I normally shop for groceries.

Note: This recipe calls for flipping the salmon. I don’t do that. I grill it skin side down with the grill cover closed. It’s done when it flakes. The skin chars and peels away easily.

Ingredients
Four 6-ounce portions, skin-on salmon (about 1 ½ pounds)
? cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Place the brown sugar, lemon zest, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix with a wire whisk until well combined;
2. Evenly spread the mixture onto the salmon and allow to sit for 25 to 30 minutes at room temperature;
3. Pre-heat the grill;
4. Once grill is hot, oil the grate to prevent sticking, then place salmon on grill, skin side down and cook until salmon releases from grill grate;
5. Flip the salmon and cook until the thickest part of the fish reaches an internal temperature of 131 degrees;
6. Remove salmon from grill and allow to rest uncovered for 5 minutes before serving.

I served this topped with the Tomato Salsa recipe featured last week, along with a dollop of guacamole.


Digg this

No comments: